- July 16, 2021
- Posted by: admin
Government e-Marketplace (GeM) is a one-stop portal to facilitate online procurement of common use Goods & Services required by various Government Departments / Organizations / PSUs. GeM aims to enhance transparency, efficiency, and speed in public procurement.
Advantages on GeM
* Direct access to all Government departments.
* The one-stop shop for marketing with minimal efforts.
* A one-stop shop for bids / reverse auction on products/services.
* New Product Suggestion facility is available to Sellers.
* Dynamic pricing
* Seller friendly dashboard
Who can register under GeM as a seller?
* Service Providers
Our scope of services –
1. GeM Registration which includes –
* Company registration
* Vendor assessment
* Brand approval
* Product uploading
2. Tender Information Services
3. Tender Submission Services
4. Vendor Registration
5. Tender Results Services
Opportunities for MSMEs in GeM
GeM is integrating with Railway e-procurement system to put in place a Unified Procurement System for buyers. The pilot bidding system for railway buyers is expected to commence by August end. About Rs. 50,000 crore worth of annual procurement may be done by Railways on GeM. GeM is not only a one stop shop for all Central and State Government offices as well as PSUs but also a platform for MSMEs to showcase their products.
Key Statistics –
GeM order value in FY 2020-21- Rs. 38,620 crore
Buyer Registered – 52,000
Seller Registered – over 18.75 lakh
Product Catalogues Registered – 16,332 products
Service Catalogues Registered – 187 services